Showcasing insights and sharing project outcomes, either our own or those co-created with our partners, is a key activity for the WAVE Lab.
In order to disseminate and further enrich our findings, the Lab is actively engaged in training activities, both at international at national levels. The W Summer Academy is our main offering, and Lab experts participated in the development (and teaching) of a MSc degree in Tourism Entrepreneurship, jointly offered by the University of the Aegean and the Technological Education Institute of Athens, Greece.
The W Summer Academy
The goal of the annual W Summer Academy is to help students experience what it takes to turn ideas into great teams and great start-ups. Participants are immersed in a comprehensive training program, which is based on insights uncovered during an international research project on entrepreneurship (CREA project).
The training journey traces the path from the identification of market opportunities, to the conceptualization, planning, and start-up of a new venture. During this journey, we focus on combining theories and practices from design thinking, business modeling, innovation management, customer validation, and market research. Coaching on team skills, mentoring and intercultural cooperation provide, in turn, a reality check on all activities.
At the end, one or more teams may want to continue their journey and make their ideas happen. The WAVE Lab will support them as venture consultants, as well as provide access to its growth transformation ecosystem of businesses and experts.
* Focus on innovation management
* Combination of Creative Design, Entrepreneurship, and Information Technologies
* Audience of university students from across the globe
* Courses include: Customer Discovery; the Lean Startup; Business Modeling
* Business games, case studies as training tools
MSc in Tourism Entrepreneurship
In 2015, the University of the Aegean and the Technological Education Institute (TEI) of Athens launched a joint MSc degree in Tourism Entrepreneurship. It is the first program of its kind in Greece and one of the few post-graduate programs in Europe that focus on the entrepreneurial side of tourism.
The program is offered to professionals in the Greek tourism industry. Lab members participated in the initial development of the overall curriculum and they are actively involved in its implementation as course instructors.
* Focus on the entrepreneurial side of tourism
* Combination of Innovation Management and Tourism Management
* Audience of tourism professionals
* Courses delivered by Lab members include: Innovation Management; The Lean Startup; Decision Making
* Role playing, case studies as training tools